Public Fund Interest Checking
Best if you
- Are a small public entity, such as a state or federal government agency, local municipality or public agency
- Have a relatively low amount of check transactions and deposits
- Want an affordable account with the option to avoid monthly maintenance fees
- Ability to invest temporary excess funds and maintain a liquid reserve
- 150 free transactions and up to $5,000 in cash processing per statement cycle
- Next-business-day funding to your account with credit and debit processing1
- Avoid the $15 monthly maintenance fee when you maintain a $6,000 average monthly checking balance
Transactions and fees
During each statement cycle, you'll receive:
- 150 combined items4 free, then pay $0.50 for each additional transaction
- $5,000 in no-fee cash processing, then pay a nominal fee (varies by state) for each additional $1,000
Enjoy around-the-clock access to your account.
- Manage your account from any device5 through Small Business Online
- Call 800-BANK-BBT (800-226-5228) for unlimited automated account information
- Withdraw and deposit money at any BB&T ATM
BB&T Small Business Online
Powerful online banking services
See how easy it is to manage your business finances from your desktop or mobile devices.
Features and benefits
Put Small Business Online to work for your business.
- Mobile-friendly design – Access the same great features whether you're in the office or on the road
- Easy account monitoring – View accounts, make payments and transfer funds
- Convenient notifications – Get text or email alerts about important account activities
- Optional payment services – Move your money quickly with same-day ACH payments
Get an efficient, secure payment solution that fits your business.
Link your BB&T checking account to another BB&T account to potentially avoid overdraft and returned item fees.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that Public Fund Interest Checking is right for you?