Best if you
- Prefer the convenience of account access using mobile text
- Require basic account information
- Don't have a smartphone
- Easy to set up through BB&T online banking
- Receive information on your account in seconds
- Personal information is encrypted using advanced technology
- Doesn't require a smartphone
Getting set up
It's easy—just follow these simple steps:
From your mobile device:
- Ensure your mobile phone is ready to receive text messages
- Go to BBT.com on your phone browser, or start the BB&T mobile app
- On the mobile website go to Alerts, Email & Mobile Settings and tap Go to Text Banking or go to your Profile on the mobile app
- Enter and confirm your mobile number
- Check for a verification text from MYBBT (69228)
- Text back YES to verify your new number
- A welcome text confirming your enrollment will be sent to you
From your desktop:
- Once logged into online banking 1) go to Customer Service from the main menu 2) select Manage My Alerts 3) choose Email and Mobile Settings 4) select Go to Text Banking
- Enter up to two mobile numbers
- Set your account nicknames, and you're ready to go
Using mobile text
To use mobile text, just send a text message to 69228 (MYBBT), and insert the text command that corresponds to your request. You'll be able to:
- Access your available balance
- Transfer money between your accounts
- View your transactions
We'll text you back with the information you requested, usually within seconds.
English text commands:
BAL for balance, TRA for transfers, LAST for transaction history, INFO for a list of all the quick codes, STOP to opt out of receiving text alerts, START to resume alerts and HELP for quick code help.
Spanish text commands:
SAL for balance, TRANS for transfers, ULT for transaction history, INFOR for a list of all the quick codes, CAN to opt out of receiving text alerts, INSC to resume alerts and AYUDA for quick code help.
Ready to get started?
Don't have a BB&T checking account?
Not convinced that text banking is right for you?
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.