Best if you
- Have a business checking account with BB&T Disclosure 1
- Typically carry a higher balance in your money market account
- Would like easy access to your funds, including check-writing privileges
- Want a money market option for overdraft protection
- Tiered, money market rates compounded daily Disclosure 2 and credited monthly
- Unlimited deposits, transfers and withdrawals at BB&T ATMs and branches Disclosure 3
- Enjoy unlimited withdrawals and transfers at BB&T24 ATMs and BB&T branches
- Make business purchases convenient and rewarding with a BB&T small business credit card Disclosure 4
- $100 minimum opening deposit
- $12 monthly maintenance fee can be avoided by maintaining a $1,000 minimum daily balance
See all pricing and fees.
Ready to get started?
What you'll need to open an account
Here's all the information you'll need to open your account online or in a branch. Please note: You'll need this information for each of your business owners, beneficial owners (25% stake or more), and authorized signers. Learn more about the requirements for opening a business account
For the organization
- Federal Tax ID
- Legal business name
- "Doing business as" name, if applicable
- Business incorporation details and issue date
- State registrations, if applicable
- Business address (both physical and mailing addresses)
- Stock or ticker symbol, if publicly traded
For business owners
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Social Security or Tax ID number
- A copy of your government-issued ID (See details about the requirements for your government-issued ID)
- Business title (Controlling Person only)
- Ownership percentage (Beneficial Owners only)
Opening your account at a branch? Before your visit, please complete the Beneficial Ownership Certification (PDF).
Opening your account online? You'll be able to enter the required information in your application.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that a Business High Performance Money Market Account is right for you?
Select your state
For a complete list of account fees, see our Business Services Pricing Guide (PDF).
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
The Business High Performance Money Market Account is only available to clients who have a business checking account with BB&T.
These are the online rates. These rates are effective as of today and subject to change without notice. Fees may reduce earnings on the account. These rates apply to accounts opened online and by Phone24. Other rates may apply if not opened online or by Phone24.
Six preauthorized, automatic or telephonic (including online banking and BB&T Phone24) transfers or withdrawals per statement cycle. A per-transaction or withdrawal fee is charged for excessive activity: $15 for Business Investor's Deposit Account and Business High Performance Money Market Account.
Business credit cards are subject to business type and credit approval.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.