When you deposit a large amount with us, we'll place your funds into CDs issued by other banks in the the CDARS® Network in increments under the standard FDIC insurance maximum, making both principal and interest eligible for FDIC coverage.
CDARS is an ideal program for organizations and individuals, including:
- Nonprofit organizations
- Public fund managers
- Financial advisors
- Credit unions
Advantages of CDARS include:
- Access to multimillion-dollar FDIC insurance coverage, including the principal and interest of large deposits
- Daily compounding interest
- A set maturity date
- A single consolidated account statement for all funds
By working directly with BB&T, you can eliminate:
- Time spent managing multiple bank relationships
- The effort of manually consolidating monthly statements
- Time spent administering various interest rates per maturity
- The need to monitor changing collateral on an ongoing basis
- Time spent organizing interest disbursements from various sources
U by BB&T
Powerful online banking services
Manage your business finances quickly and easily from your desktop or mobile devices.
Welcome to U by BB&T. We created U to make managing your finances fast and easy.
You can do all the basics, like check your balances, transfer money, pay bills, and deposit checks, and we've got some new features we think you'll like, too. Now you have a customizable dashboard with movable tiles, so you see what's important to you.
Get your free credit score, and learn how to improve it to get to the Excellent green zone. Add BB&T deals to earn cash back while you shop. Make your daily coffee start working for you.
Stick to a budget and reach your spending goals with U's plan and analyze features. Your dream vacation can be a reality sooner than you think.
You can store and attach receipts to your transactions to keep track of what you buy, which comes in handy when you need to make a return, and we've partnered with Zelle, so now you can pay your friends back in minutes no matter who they bank with.
Need to talk to someone? Schedule an appointment or connect with your personal banker directly in U.
Want to make sure you have enough money for some extras this month? Quick view your balance on your phone without logging in.
You can see all your financial and investment accounts in one place, not just the ones with BB&T.
So check it out. Come see how U by BB&T makes managing your finances fast and easy. See what U can do for you. [MUSIC PLAYING]
Features and benefits
Put U by BB&T to work for your business.
- All the basics – Check your balances, transfer money, pay bills, deposit checks, set alerts, customize your dashboard and more
- ACH & wire services – Includes direct deposit and federal tax payments
- Multiple user access – Grant access to employees, set account and transaction access levels, set single transaction limits
- Plan & Analyze – Link your outside accounts, categorize transactions, analyze your spending, create a budget and set goals
- My Receipts – Collect, store and manage all your receipts in one place
- Card controls – Choose when, where and how your debit card is used
- Accept payments – Send and receive money—fast, safe and easy with Zelle®
What you'll need to open an account
Here's all the information you'll need to open your account online or in a branch. Please note: You'll need this information for each of your business owners, beneficial owners (25% stake or more), and authorized signers. Learn more about the requirements for opening a business account
For the organization
- Federal Tax ID
- Legal business name
- "Doing business as" name, if applicable
- Business incorporation details and issue date
- State registrations, if applicable
- Business address (both physical and mailing addresses)
- Stock or ticker symbol, if publicly traded
For business owners
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Social Security or Tax ID number
- A copy of your government-issued ID (See details about the requirements for your government-issued ID)
- Business title (Controlling Person only)
- Ownership percentage (Beneficial Owners only)
Opening your account at a branch? Before your visit, please complete the Beneficial Ownership Certification (PDF).
Opening your account online? You'll be able to enter the required information in your application.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that CDARS is right for you?
For a complete list of account fees, see our Business Services Pricing Guide (PDF).
See our Commercial Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
New York City residents: Translation or other language access services may be available. When calling our office regarding collection activity, if you speak a language other than English and need verbal translation services, be sure to inform the representative. A description and translation of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages at www.nyc.gov/dca.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.