Best if you
- Are a state or federal government agency, local municipality or public agency
- Have low to moderate savings balances
- Want to earn interest on your deposits
- Need easy access to funds
- Earn tiered rates with interest credited monthly
- Get six free pre-authorized automatic or telephone transfers or withdrawals per month, including overdraft protection transfers Disclosure 1 , Disclosure 2
- Enjoy unlimited withdrawals and transfers at BB&T24 ATMs and BB&T branches
- Receive free online account access with mobile banking and alerts Disclosure 3
Avoid the $10 monthly maintenance fee with one or more of the following qualifiers each statement cycle:
- $250 minimum daily balance
- $500 average monthly balance
- Monthly preauthorized deposit or transfer of at least $100
What you'll need to open an account
Here's all the information you'll need to open your account online or in a branch. Please note: You'll need this information for each of your business owners, beneficial owners (25% stake or more), and authorized signers. Learn more about the requirements for opening a business account
For the organization
- Federal Tax ID
- Legal business name
- "Doing business as" name, if applicable
- Business incorporation details and issue date
- State registrations, if applicable
- Business address (both physical and mailing addresses)
- Stock or ticker symbol, if publicly traded
For business owners
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Social Security or Tax ID number
- A copy of your government-issued ID (See details about the requirements for your government-issued ID)
- Business title (Controlling Person only)
- Ownership percentage (Beneficial Owners only)
Opening your account at a branch? Before your visit, please complete the Beneficial Ownership Certification (PDF).
Opening your account online? You'll be able to enter the required information in your application.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that Public Fund Money Rate Savings is right for you?
Select your state
For a complete list of account fees, see our Business Services Pricing Guide (PDF).
See our Commercial Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
An automated overdraft protection transfer fee applies for each automated transfer. You can avoid this fee by making the transfer in advance.
An excessive-activity fee applies for each transaction over the permitted six per monthly statement cycle.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.