Your small business is a big deal to us
That's why we take the time to truly understand every aspect of your business—including the dreams and aspirations that drive it. Wherever you see your business heading, look to BB&T for informed solutions to help you get there.
Which borrowing solution is right for you?
With our support, your opportunities are endless. When you take advantage of a BB&T small business borrowing solution, you don’t just get a product—you get a suite of opportunities to help your business succeed. BB&T borrowing products offer convenient access to funds when you need to finance working capital, purchase equipment, expand the business, buy a building, pay employees, and more.
Get financing for start up costs, maintaining cash flow, making improvements, and other business expenses to increase your chances of success
- Get a specified loan amount distributed as a lump sum
- Establish the length of your loan at the beginning of the loan process
- Choose from a variety of fixed and variable rate options
- Make scheduled monthly payments of principal and interest
- Apply for a secured or unsecured loan
- Use a loan to make a large one-time purchase
Lines of credit
Leverage the value of your assets into a convenient, flexible line of credit for your business when you need it
- Get a revolving maximum credit line amount
- Enjoy flexibility in accessing funds when your business needs it
- Finance day-to-day operations, supplement cash flow, or take advantage of unexpected business opportunities
- Make monthly payments that adjust according to your balance
- Pay down the line amount and use it continually over time within the maximum limit
SBA Borrowing Options
Small Business Administration (SBA) borrowing options can help you start or grow your business. As an SBA Preferred Lender, BB&T partners with the US Small Business Administration, which can make it easier for you to repay your loan and keep cash in your business
- Choose from multiple borrowing options to get the fit that's right for your business
- Benefit from a lower down payment and more flexible terms
- Use your funds to start a business, buy an existing business, fund working capital, purchase land or buildings, make renovations, or purchase equipment or inventory
Business credit cards
Get a business credit card that simplifies your finances and earn rewards for business purchases
- Pay bills and vendors immediately and leverage a monthly payment cycle and 25-day grace period for payments
- Choose from three business credit card options to best suit your needs
- Use the card to finance daily operations and keep business expenses separate from personal expenses
- Earn rewards for business purchases
Borrowing Guidelines for Businesses
Whether it's for startup costs or capital expansion, eventually most businesses need to borrow money. Being prepared and understanding the requirements can increase your chances of getting a loan and making the process easier.
SBA Loans and Starting a Business
The Small Business Administration (SBA) can help with your plans to start or expand a business. The SBA participates in loan programs for business owners who may not qualify for a traditional loan.
Ready to get started?
For a complete list of account fees, see our Business Services Pricing Guide.
See our Commercial Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
Loans, lines of credit and credit cards are subject to credit approval.
Truist Bank, Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
New York City residents: Translation or other language access services may be available. When calling our office regarding collection activity, if you speak a language other than English and need verbal translation services, be sure to inform the representative. A description and translation of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages at www.nyc.gov/dca.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.