Your small business is a big deal to us
That's why we take the time to truly understand every aspect of your business—including the dreams and aspirations that drive it. Wherever you see your business heading, look to BB&T for informed solutions to help you get there.
Choose the right retirement plan for your company and employees
Workplace retirement plans
Choose a retirement plan that helps your employees invest wisely and gives you an added layer of fiduciary protection
- Dedicated client service team
- Full service recordkeeping and state-of-the-art plan monitoring
- Fiduciary support
- Award-winning participant education and investment offerings
- Customized multi-channel participant communications
- User-friendly employer and employee websites
Defined benefit plans
Offer your employees peace of mind and security by providing a fixed monthly retirement benefit
- Fully funded by the employer
- Plan design consultation
- Full-service plan administration
- Guaranteed retirement income at no cost to the employee
- Portability of vested benefits for employees who change jobs
Combine pre-tax payroll contributions with the simplicity of an IRA to create an effective retirement plan for your employees
- Best for employers with 100 or fewer employees
- Employer contributions are tax-deductible
- Employee contributions are pre-tax
- Earnings grow tax deferred
- Simple to set up and administer
Get access to tax-deferred retirement savings plans that are easy to implement
- Best for a sole proprietor, a business owner in a partnership, or self-employed
- Easy and inexpensive to set up and maintain
- Contributions are tax-deductible for employers
- Earnings grow on a tax-deferred basis
- Employees may also contribute to a Traditional or Roth IRA
Ready to get started?
Health Insurance Options for Small Businesses (Article)
Health insurance is something we all need but may not necessarily understand. What type of insurance you need and where to start in your search depends entirely on the type of business you own and how many employees you have.
Retirement Planning Considerations for Your Small Business (Article)
How do you decide when to invest in your retirement savings over your business? Here are some ways to help you make the best choices about retirement as a business owner.
Traditional banking services are provided by Truist Bank, Member FDIC.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Services and products featured herein may include some offered by affiliated companies of Truist Retirement & Institutional Services. The fees for those services and products are in addition to the fees charged by Truist Retirement & Institutional Services. As a result, Truist Financial Corporation, as a whole, receives more compensation than would otherwise be received if a non-affiliated service or product was used. When we offer any service or product to a client, we use the same process to offer both affiliated and non-affiliated services and products. When we have authority to select any service or product on behalf of a client, if our process shows affiliated services and products to be competitive with corresponding non-affiliated services and products, then we may select affiliated products and services. Truist Retirement & Institutional Services expresses no opinion on the use of Truist affiliated services and products when the client selects such services and products in a client directed account.
Investment solutions and advisory services are provided by BB&T Institutional Investment Advisers, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Branch Banking and Trust Company.
Securities and advisory products or services are:
NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT FDIC-INSURED • NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY • MAY GO DOWN IN VALUE • NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.