Working with you to keep your data secure
BB&T Merchant Services provides the latest technology solutions for your payment processing needs, and we'll work with you to keep your business up to date with all EMV (Europay, MasterCard, Visa) and PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) requirements.
Encryption & tokenization
Tokenization allows you to safeguard consumer information from the risks of giving and storing card data at your location. Benefits include:
- Increased data security as a result of multi-layered protection
- Reduced liability for potential breaches
- Reduced PCI DSS compliance scope
EMV chip technology was designed to help improve security and combat fraud through the use of encrypted microchips. This technology also:
- Ensures that your business won't be liable for fraudulent purchases
- Protects your business and cardholders from fraudulent activity through the use of a unique transaction code each time the card is used
- Enables US cardholders to use their secure chip payment cards anywhere in the world
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard is a set of data security requirements established and governed by Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® and Discover® to protect cardholder account information.
PCI DSS includes best practices to identify vulnerabilities in processes, procedures and website configurations.
These best practices also help businesses to:
- Protect themselves against security breaches
- Safeguard customer data
- Protect the integrity of electronic payments
Ready to get started?
BB&T Merchant Assurance Program
Our goal is to give you peace of mind from knowing we've tailored a solution to meet the evolving needs of your business. Both technology and cardholder expectations are advancing at a more rapid pace than ever before. For that reason, we recommend a periodic review of your relationship to ensure a seamless payment experience for your customers while you receive the benefits of our solutions and experience.
To have our team review your relationship with BB&T or another provider, please contact us at 877-672-4228 Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to midnight ET; Saturday, 10:30 am to midnight ET; or by email at MerchantSupport@BBandT.com.