Working with you to keep your data secure
BB&T Merchant Services provides the latest technology solutions for your payment processing needs, and we'll work with you to keep your business up to date with all EMV (Europay, MasterCard, Visa) and PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) requirements.
Encryption & tokenization
Tokenization allows you to safeguard consumer information from the risks of giving and storing card data at your location. Benefits include:
- Increased data security as a result of multi-layered protection
- Reduced liability for potential breaches
- Reduced PCI DSS compliance scope
EMV chip technology was designed to help improve security and combat fraud through the use of encrypted microchips. This technology also:
- Ensures that your business won't be liable for fraudulent purchases
- Protects your business and cardholders from fraudulent activity through the use of a unique transaction code each time the card is used
- Enables US cardholders to use their secure chip payment cards anywhere in the world
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard is a set of data security requirements established and governed by Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® and Discover® to protect cardholder account information.
PCI DSS includes best practices to identify vulnerabilities in processes, procedures and website configurations.
These best practices also help businesses to:
- Protect themselves against security breaches
- Safeguard customer data
- Protect the integrity of electronic payments
Ready to get started?
BB&T Merchant Assurance Program
In an ever-changing world of business products and services, it's challenging to keep up with the latest trends while running a business. That's why we created the BB&T Merchant Assurance Program for our small business clients—we want to make sure you always get the best solution at the best pricing for your unique business needs. And if you get a better offer, we'll provide a comparable solution (one per year) or waive the early termination fee should you choose to close your account.
To have our team review a written offer you've received, please contact us at 877-672-4228 Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to midnight ET; Saturday, 10:30 am to midnight ET; or by email at MerchantSupport@BBandT.com.