A single, powerful account that combines checking and investments
With a minimum $25,000 opening deposit, the Vantage AMA allows you to:
- Link your brokerage account to a Vantage Checking account
- Choose a flexible sweep option based on your financial goals
- Meet cash flow needs by maintaining sufficient funds in your checking account
- Earn a potentially higher rate of return by maintaining excess cash in a liquid sweep option
- Have easy access to cash with a BB&T Vantage®Debit Card
- Receive your brokerage and checking information in a single, easy-to-read statement
A Vantage AMA automatically transfers your funds back and forth between accounts—balancing your cash flow and financial goals.
Learn how to customize your sweep accounts
The Vantage AMA offers three flexible sweep options: Automated Sweep, Automated Zero Balance Sweep and Self-Directed Sweep.
1. Choose how your sweep works
You have three flexible options for “sweeping” funds back and forth:
- Automated Sweep – You designate a minimum and maximum amount of cash to remain in your checking account. Funds will automatically flow back and forth from your brokerage account to your checking account to maintain those designated levels.
- Automated Zero Balance Sweep – All available cash in your checking account will automatically flow into your brokerage account each night. Funds flow back as needed to cover checks, debit card purchases and other withdrawals.
- Self-Directed Sweep – You determine when to transfer cash between your checking account and your brokerage account.
2. Choose where to maintain your short-term sweep funds
Based on your instructions, available cash will flow from your checking account into taxable or tax-free options, including one with the security and protection of FDIC insurance.
3. Choose how to sweep funds with longer-term investments
When a security is sold, or interest or dividends are credited to your account, the proceeds can be automatically invested into the sweep option of your choice. Additionally, the purchase of a security can be covered automatically with funds from the chosen sweep option.
You'll enjoy these account extras:
- Enjoy tiered, premium interest rates
- Never pay fees for overdraft transfers, secondary accounts, Disclosure 1 wires and more
- Access your account using an exclusively designed debit card with increased limits
Ready to take the next step?
Choose a time for an advisor to call you.
Speak with an advisor.
BB&T Perspectives shares financial, leadership and lifestyle perspectives with the hopes of enhancing our clients' lives. Learn more about the financial planning topics our Wealth experts are discussing.
What Will It Take to Save for a Vehicle or a Home?
Find out how much you'll need to put away in order to reach your financial goal.
The monthly fee will be automatically waived as long as at least the primary or secondary client on the BB&T Private Vantage Checking account is a primary or secondary signer on the secondary account. Service fees may apply; please refer to the Personal Services Pricing Guide for details.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Traditional banking services are provided by Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments, a division of BB&T Securities, LLC (opens in a new tab) member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.