Vantage Asset Management Account
A single, powerful account that combines checking and investments
With a minimum $25,000 opening deposit, the Vantage AMA allows you to:
- Link your brokerage account to a Vantage checking account
- Choose a flexible sweep option based on your financial goals
- Meet cash flow needs by maintaining sufficient funds in your checking account
- Earn a potentially higher rate of return by maintaining excess cash in a liquid sweep option
- Have easy access to cash with a BB&T Vantage® Debit Card
- Receive your brokerage and checking information in a single, easy-to-read statement
A Vantage AMA automatically transfers your funds back and forth between accounts—balancing your cash flow and financial goals.
Learn how to customize your sweep accounts
The Vantage AMA offers three flexible sweep options: Automated Sweep, Automated Zero Balance Sweep, and Self-Directed Sweep.
1. Choose how your sweep works
You have three flexible options for “sweeping” funds back and forth:
- Automated Sweep – You designate a minimum and maximum amount of cash to remain in your checking account. Funds will automatically flow back and forth from your brokerage account to your checking account to maintain those designated levels.
- Automated Zero Balance Sweep – All available cash in your checking account will automatically flow into your brokerage account each night. Funds flow back as needed to cover checks, debit card purchases and other withdrawals.
- Self-Directed Sweep – You determine when to transfer cash between your checking account and your brokerage account.
2. Choose where to maintain your short-term sweep funds
Based on your instructions, available cash will flow from your checking account into taxable or tax-free options, including one with the security and protection of FDIC insurance.
3. Choose how to sweep funds with longer-term investments
When a security is sold, or interest or dividends are credited to your account, the proceeds can be automatically invested into the sweep option of your choice. Additionally, the purchase of a security can be covered automatically with funds from the chosen sweep option.
You'll enjoy these account extras:
- Enjoy tiered, premium interest rates
- Never pay fees for overdraft transfers, secondary accounts1, wires and more
- Access your account using an exclusively designed debit card with increased limits
Monitor your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts, track spending and more with:
- U by BB&T®, our customizable online and mobile banking experience
- Mobile check deposit2
- Quicken® access
Ready to take the next step?
Choose a time for an advisor to call you.
Speak with an advisor.
BB&T Perspectives shares financial, leadership and lifestyle perspectives with the hopes of enhancing our clients' lives. Learn more about the investment topics our Wealth experts are discussing.
Preparing Your Portfolio for a Changing Investment Landscape
Investors must now adjust to a changing investment landscape. A 60/40 portfolio may not provide the same results as it did over the past 30 years.
What to Expect from Your Investment Manager
Picking an investment manager can be a daunting task. It seems as though almost every financial company is offering investments in some shape or fashion.
Your BB&T Wealth advisor will help you create a comprehensive, strategic plan to integrate and coordinate your banking, credit, investments, risk management, and trust and estate planning services.
Comprehensive financial planning
Simplify your complex financial life with a BB&T Wealth advisor who can help you see the big picture.
Investment management solutions
BB&T Wealth uses a proprietary investment management process to help you meet your financial goals.
Get access to all the tools and resources you need to invest on your own.
Vantage Investor's Deposit Account
With a minimum opening deposit of $25,000, you can take advantage of tiered interest rates that are compounded daily.