Consider every aspect of your financial life
Financial planning is more than just numbers on a page. It's an opportunity to realize your dreams, look forward to a great retirement, provide security for your family, leave a meaningful legacy and much more.
A simple conversation is all it takes to begin developing a strong financial plan. Working with your BB&T Wealth advisor, your Financial Planning Strategist will conduct an in-depth analysis of your financial circumstances and offer integrated solutions tailored to support your unique goals and aspirations.
We begin by listening to you and considering key questions such as:
- Am I on track to reach my goals?
- When can I retire?
- How much money do I need to ensure that I can live the life I want in retirement?
- How do I protect myself and/or my family in the event of the unexpected?
- Can I spend my money on the things that truly matter to me?
- What sort of legacy do I want to leave for my family?
We provide recommendations in the following areas where applicable:
- Net worth and cash flow
- Equity compensation and benefits analysis
- Investment planning
- Estate and gift planning
- Income tax planning
- Charitable planning
- Retirement planning and benefits review
- Risk management and asset protection
The following benefits result from thorough financial planning:
- Future needs – Future financial needs become transparent and understood
- Adequate time – Time to arrange for any needed financing reasonably in advance, and avoiding the unnecessary panic of arranging the financing
- Assurance – Assurance that your goals are properly managed and within a realistic framework
- Financial control – Protection against and reducing the impact of an unforeseen financial crisis
- Reducing taxes – Reducing taxes by allocating income and assets more effectively
- Investing in a profitable portfolio – Simplifies the ability to increase cash flow and make good investment decisions when allocating financial assets
- Outline a healthy financial future – By estimating retirement income and expenses, you can begin to determine the amount needed to save to meet retirement goals
Simplify your increasingly complex financial life
As your responsibilities increase, so do the intricacies of your financial needs. Peace of mind comes from knowing a dedicated team of professionals is working together to keep you on the right path—your path.
Our four-step approach begins with in-depth conversations and results in an integrated action plan that grows and matures as your financial needs and objectives change.
Step 1: Assess your needs
We invest the time up front to fully understand your current situation, goals for the future, the people and causes you care about, and how you want to use your assets.
Step 2: Structure your plan
Based on the information you share, we review your goals, resources, priorities and areas of focus to create a highly customized, fully integrated financial strategy as distinctive as you.
Step 3: Assemble your team
You're supported by a dedicated team of BB&T specialists representing each area of financial expertise. Each member brings specialized knowledge and insights to optimize resources and enhance outcomes.
Step 4: Monitor your results
As part of our long-term commitment to you, we continuously monitor your plan's performance, recommend adjustments as needed, and meet with you on a regular basis.
Ready to take the next step?
Choose a time for an advisor to call you.
Speak with an advisor.
BB&T Perspectives (Article)
BB&T Perspectives shares financial, leadership and lifestyle perspectives with the hopes of enhancing our clients' lives. Learn more about the financial planning topics our Wealth experts are discussing.
How Should I Plan for Retirement Income? (Article)
Proper financial planning can help you meet your retirement goals.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Traditional banking services are provided by Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments, a division of BB&T Securities, LLC (opens in a new tab) member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of BB&T Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.