Comprehensive, customized investment choices
As a BB&T Wealth client, you have access to investment options designed to help achieve your personal goals. Your advisor will help you choose the best solution based on your circumstances.
Managed investment portfolios
We're your advocates. We apply objectivity, consistency and discipline in developing your strategy and meeting your long-term wealth accumulation and preservation needs.
- Dedicated portfolio manager – To structure and oversee your investments, supported by a team of asset allocation and market analysts
- Strategic and tactical asset allocation – Aligns with your unique goals, risk tolerance, income and liquidity needs, time horizons and performance objectives
- Exclusive approach to manager selection – Mitigates risk and drives total performance with flexible investment choices
- Investment and tax-strategy coordination – Maximizes after-tax returns
- Proactive evaluation of each part of your portfolio – Based on changing market conditions and changes in your income and liquidity needs
- Transparent reports – With an unbiased review of performance, transactions and fees
Tailored brokerage services
We execute a customized trading strategy to serve your short- and long-term goals
- Dedicated investment specialist – To oversee your account, whether it's commission-based or managed
- Assessment of your financial needs and investment goals – Retirement, education and more
- Risk assessment – To determine your comfort level with various levels of risk
- Guidance in building a diversified, high-quality investment portfolio – May include common and preferred stocks, municipal bonds, mutual funds, annuities and money market funds
BB&T Wealth Market News updates
Stay current with perspectives from BB&T Wealth on recent market events and economic trends
Get an overview of recent market developments relevant to your financial life. Enjoy timely insights with an unbiased outlook for what lies ahead.
Remain informed on current financial headlines that can affect your investments
Get a summary of today’s most relevant financial topics. We'll share up-to-date insight on market-moving events. It's the info you need to stay alert and prepared in today’s dynamic financial marketplace.
Listen in as we review recent market events. We'll discuss investment perspectives for the coming months.
Our BB&T Wealth Portfolio Management team brings you objective viewpoints with timely insights on important investment trends.
Ready to take the next step?
Choose a time for an advisor to call you.
Speak with an advisor.
BB&T Perspectives (Article)
BB&T Perspectives shares financial, leadership and lifestyle perspectives with the hopes of enhancing our clients' lives. Learn more about the financial planning topics our Wealth experts are discussing.
How Can I Minimize Taxes in Retirement? (Article)
With the right strategies, it’s possible to defer, reduce and even avoid certain taxes and penalties in retirement.
How Should I Plan for Retirement Income? (Article)
Proper financial planning can help you meet your retirement goals.
Market data information is obtained from third-party sources believed to be reliable, but is provided “as is” with no warranty. Market data is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute investment advice, and may not be used for trading. Market data is for the individual use of each site guest, and may not be copied, downloaded, stored or redistributed. Quotes are delayed 15 minutes. Some index information is proprietary to the index owner. Data access and usage is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by our third-party sources. Access or use of any data indicates agreement to these terms.
FINRA's BrokerCheck® is a free tool designed to help investors research the professional backgrounds of current and former FINRA-registered brokerage firms and brokers. Investors may access BrokerCheck by: 1. Visiting the BrokerCheck website at brokercheck.finra.org(opens in a new tab), or 2. Calling FINRA's BrokerCheck toll-free hotline at 800-289-9999 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm ET.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Traditional banking services are provided by Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments, a division of BB&T Securities, LLC (opens in a new tab) member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.