Comprehensive, customized investment choices
As a BB&T Wealth client, you have access to a wide array of investment options designed to help achieve your personal goals, and your advisor will assist in choosing the most appropriate solution based on your circumstances.
Managed investment portfolios
As your advocates, we apply objectivity, consistency and discipline in developing your customized, comprehensive portfolio strategy to meet your long-term wealth accumulation and preservation needs
- Dedicated portfolio manager to structure and actively oversee your investments supported by a team of asset allocation and market analysts
- Strategic and tactical asset allocation that aligns with your unique goals, risk tolerance, income and liquidity needs, time horizons and performance objectives
- Exclusive approach to manager selection that mitigates risk and drives total performance with highly flexible investment choices
- Coordination of your investment strategy with your tax strategy to maximize after-tax returns
- Proactive evaluation of each portion of your portfolio based on changing market conditions as well as changes in your income and liquidity needs over time
- Fully transparent reports with an unbiased review of performance, transactions and fees
Tailored brokerage services
We execute a customized trading strategy to serve your short- and long-term goals
- Dedicated investment specialist to oversee your account, whether commission-based or managed
- Assessment of your financial needs and investment objectives, such as retirement, education and more
- Determination of how comfortable you are with various levels of risk
- Guidance in building a diversified, high-quality investment portfolio that may include common and preferred stocks, municipal bonds, mutual funds, annuities and money market funds
BB&T Wealth Market News updates
Stay current with perspectives from BB&T Wealth on recent market events and economic trends
Our Market Monthly series delivers an overview of recent market developments that are relevant to your financial life, providing timely insights with an unbiased outlook for what lies ahead.
Remain informed on current financial headlines that can affect your investments
Our Market Spotlight series gives you a quick glance at today’s most relevant financial topics, sharing our up-to-date insight on market-moving events to keep you alert and prepared in today’s dynamic financial marketplace.
Listen in as we review recent market events and discuss our current investment perspective for the months ahead
Our Market Talk series, brought to you by the BB&T Wealth Portfolio Management team, is designed to offer our clients an objective view with timely insights on investment trends that impact you and your family.
Ready to take the next step?
Choose a time for an advisor to call you.
Speak with an advisor.
BB&T Perspectives shares financial, leadership and lifestyle perspectives with the hopes of enhancing our clients' lives. Learn more about the financial planning topics our Wealth experts are discussing.
How Can I Minimize Taxes in Retirement?
With the right strategies, it’s possible to defer, reduce and even avoid certain taxes and penalties in retirement.
How Should I Plan for Retirement Income?
Proper financial planning can help you meet your retirement goals.
Market data information is obtained from third-party sources believed to be reliable, but is provided “as is” with no warranty. Market data is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute investment advice, and may not be used for trading. Market data is for the individual use of each site guest, and may not be copied, downloaded, stored or redistributed. Quotes are delayed 15 minutes. Some index information is proprietary to the index owner. Data access and usage is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by our third-party sources. Access or use of any data indicates agreement to these terms.
FINRA's BrokerCheck® is a free tool designed to help investors research the professional backgrounds of current and former FINRA-registered brokerage firms and brokers. Investors may access BrokerCheck by: 1. Visiting the BrokerCheck website at brokercheck.finra.org(opens in a new tab), or 2. Calling FINRA's BrokerCheck toll-free hotline at 800-289-9999 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm ET.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Traditional banking services are provided by Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments, a division of BB&T Securities, LLC(opens in a new tab), member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.