Prepare now to enjoy the retirement you've imagined and earned
A successful retirement hinges on how well you manage your income, costs and taxes—and that takes planning. Your BB&T Wealth advisor partners with your dedicated team to assess your financial situation and create a strategic plan that promotes your future well-being.
Knowing where you are today is the first step toward planning for the future, so we:
- Take time to understand and properly establish your retirement goals and objectives
- Analyze your sources of income, expenses and assets to optimize their role in maximizing family wealth
- Review beneficiary designations and coordinate them with your existing estate plan
Based on a deep understanding of your financial life, we:
- Design a proactive and flexible financial plan to achieve your retirement needs and family legacy goals
- Develop an organized strategy that includes savings and investment vehicles, credit, insurance and taxes
- Determine and account for gaps and variables you can control and other factors you should prepare for in retirement
- Work with your other advisors to ensure successful implementation of your plan
Ready to take the next step?
Choose a time for an advisor to call you.
Speak with an advisor.
BB&T Perspectives shares financial, leadership and lifestyle perspectives with the hopes of enhancing our clients' lives. Learn more about the financial planning topics our Wealth experts are discussing.
How Can I Minimize Taxes in Retirement?
With the right strategies, it’s possible to defer, reduce and even avoid certain taxes and penalties in retirement.
How Should I Plan for Retirement Income?
Proper financial planning can help you meet your retirement goals.
Loans, lines of credit and credit cards are subject to credit approval.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Traditional banking services are provided by Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments, a division of BB&T Securities, LLC(opens in a new tab), member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.
Insurance products and services are offered by McGriff Insurance Services, Inc.; Crump Life Insurance Services, Inc.; DBA BB&T Life Insurance Services; and BB&T Insurance Services of California, Inc., wholly owned subsidiaries of BB&T Insurance Holdings, Inc.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.