Drive your individual investing strategy
Make your own investment decisions with access to real-time market data, late-breaking news and company earnings reports. And you can always get help from our licensed representatives.
Best if you
- Like to research investments and stay abreast of the market
- Prefer to make your own investment decisions
- Want the ease and convenience of trading online
- Appreciate the comfort of knowing that you can get help from a BB&T licensed representative
- Open the type of account that's right for you—from personal and business retirement plans to individual and joint accounts and more
- Choose from a wide array of products, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds and exchange-traded funds
- Link your BB&T checking or savings account for automatic settlement of dividends, interest payments and trades
- Open your account with a minimum of $500
- Execute your trade online with exclusive pricing for BB&T Wealth clients, starting at $9.95 per transaction
- Place your trade with our licensed representatives for as little as $25
See our pricing guide(moves focus) for a complete list of fees.
With Marketconnect®, you can place your trades and a whole lot more.
- Get real-time quotes, balances and holdings
- View dividend and interest information
- Compare stocks and view account histories
- Download and print account information and tax documents
Detailed information on commission rates, transaction fees and other charges
Online trading commission schedule
|Number of Shares||Commission Rate|
|1-500||$9.95 per transaction|
|500 or more||$9.95 per transaction plus $0.03 per share for each share over 500 shares|
Broker assisted trading
|Transaction Amount||Commission Rate|
Minimum charge: $25
US government bonds
- Treasury Auctions – $50 per transaction
- Secondary Market – Fees are a factor of the coupon, size of the order, maturity date and other features of each issue. Such fees are included in the price per bond.
Secondary Market – Fees are a factor of the coupon, size of the order, maturity date, credit quality and other features of each issue. Such fees are included in the price per bond.
Fees are a factor of the coupon, size of the order, maturity date, credit quality and other features of each issue. Such fees are included in the price per bond.
Mutual funds and Unit Investment Trusts are charged as indicated in the prospectus. Commissions charged for no-load mutual funds are subject to the equities schedule.
- Regular commission plus $0.75 per contract
- Option application and approval required
- Contact a trader at 800-453-7348, option 2
Margin interest changes
- Under $25,000 – 1.75% + broker call rate
- Over $25,000 – 1.5% + broker call rate
- Required minimum equity is $2,000
- Margin agreement required
Ready to take the next step?
Choose a time for an advisor to call you.
Speak with an advisor.
BB&T Perspectives shares financial, leadership and lifestyle perspectives with the hopes of enhancing our clients' lives. Learn more about the financial planning topics our Wealth experts are discussing.
Vantage Asset Management Account
A Vantage AMA automatically transfers your funds back and forth between accounts—balancing your cash flow and financial goals.
Market data information is obtained from third-party sources believed to be reliable, but is provided “as is” with no warranty. Market data is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute investment advice, and may not be used for trading. Market data is for the individual use of each site guest, and may not be copied, downloaded, stored or redistributed. Quotes are delayed 15 minutes. Some index information is proprietary to the index owner. Data access and usage is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by our third-party sources. Access or use of any data indicates agreement to these terms.
FINRA's BrokerCheck® is a free tool designed to help investors research the professional backgrounds of current and former FINRA-registered brokerage firms and brokers. Investors may access BrokerCheck by: 1. Visiting the BrokerCheck website at brokercheck.finra.org(opens in a new tab), or 2. Calling FINRA's BrokerCheck toll-free hotline at 800-289-9999 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm ET.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Traditional banking services are provided by Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments, a division of BB&T Securities, LLC(opens in a new tab), member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.
Insurance products and services are offered by McGriff Insurance Services, Inc.; Crump Life Insurance Services, Inc.; DBA BB&T Life Insurance Services; and BB&T Insurance Services of California, Inc., wholly owned subsidiaries of BB&T Insurance Holdings, Inc.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.