Drive your individual investing strategy
Make your own investment decisions with access to real-time market data, late-breaking news and company earnings reports. And you can always get help from our licensed representatives.
Best if you
- Like to research investments and stay abreast of the market
- Prefer to make your own investment decisions
- Want the ease and convenience of trading online
- Appreciate the comfort of knowing that you can get help from a BB&T licensed representative
- Open the type of account that's right for you—from personal and business retirement plans to individual and joint accounts and more
- Choose from a wide array of products, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds and exchange-traded funds
- Link your BB&T checking or savings account for automatic settlement of dividends, interest payments and trades
- Open your account with a minimum of $500
- Execute your trade online with exclusive pricing for BB&T Wealth clients, starting at $9.95 per transaction
- Place your trade with our licensed representatives for as little as $25
See our pricing guide (moves focus down) for a complete list of fees.
With Marketconnect®, you can place your trades and a whole lot more.
- Get real-time quotes, balances and holdings
- View dividend and interest information
- Compare stocks and view account histories
- Download and print account information and tax documents
Detailed information on commission rates, transaction fees and other charges
Online Trading Commission Schedule
|Number of Shares||Commission Rate|
|1-500||$9.95 per transaction|
|500 or more||$9.95 per transaction plus $0.03 per share for each share over 500 shares|
Broker Assisted Trading
|Transaction Amount||Commission Rate|
Minimum charge: $25
US Government Bonds
- Treasury Auctions – $50 per transaction
- Secondary Market – Fees are a factor of the coupon, size of the order, maturity date and other features of each issue. Such fees are included in the price per bond.
Secondary Market – Fees are a factor of the coupon, size of the order, maturity date, credit quality and other features of each issue. Such fees are included in the price per bond.
Fees are a factor of the coupon, size of the order, maturity date, credit quality and other features of each issue. Such fees are included in the price per bond.
Mutual funds and Unit Investment Trusts are charged as indicated in the prospectus. Commissions charged for no-load mutual funds are subject to the equities schedule.
- Regular commission plus $0.75 per contract
- Option application and approval required
- Contact a trader at 800-453-7348, option 2
Margin Interest Charges
- Under $25,000 – 1.75% + broker call rate
- Over $25,000 – 1.5% + broker call rate
- Required minimum equity is $2,000
- Margin agreement required
Ready to take the next step?
Choose a time for an advisor to call you.
Speak with an advisor.
BB&T Perspectives shares financial, leadership and lifestyle perspectives with the hopes of enhancing our clients' lives. Learn more about the investment topics our Wealth experts are discussing.
Preparing Your Portfolio for a Changing Investment Landscape
Investors must now adjust to a changing investment landscape. A 60/40 portfolio may not provide the same results as it did over the past 30 years.
What to Expect from Your Investment Manager
Picking an investment manager can be a daunting task. It seems as though almost every financial company is offering investments in some shape or fashion.
Your BB&T Wealth advisor will help you create a comprehensive, strategic plan to integrate and coordinate your banking, credit, investments, risk management, and trust and estate planning services.
Comprehensive financial planning
Simplify your complex financial life with a BB&T Wealth advisor who can help you see the big picture.
Investment management solutions
BB&T Wealth uses a proprietary investment management process to help you meet your financial goals.
Learn how to protect your wealth with insurance options that suit your needs.
Vantage Asset Management Account
Keep your money working around the clock—and get easy access to your cash—when you link your brokerage account to a Vantage checking account.