Best if you
- Travel frequently and want to earn double rewards for your travel purchases Disclosure 1
- Enjoy flexible rewards you can use for travel, statement credits and more; plus your miles are worth 75% more in value when redeemed for hotel stays
- Want to receive a statement credit for TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry and for airline incidentals
- Earn 2x miles on air/hotel/car rentals and 1x miles on all other qualifying purchases Disclosure 1
- Earn 20,000 bonus miles when you spend $2,000 in the first 90 days ($200 value) Disclosure 1
- Get an $85 credit for TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry Disclosure 2
- Use your annual $50 airline incidental credit toward baggage and seat assignment fees, in-flight food and beverages, and more Disclosure 2
- Variable annual percentage rates ranging from Prime + 9.99% to Prime + 18.99%; current rates are 15.24% to 24.24% Disclosure 3
- No annual fee for BB&T clients assigned to a Wealth advisor Disclosure 4
- No foreign transaction fee Disclosure 4
See our BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Credit Card Disclosure (PDF) for fee details.
Enter your monthly spending to see why it pays to use the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards credit card.All fields should be US dollars rounded to the nearest dollar. The updated total is announced automatically. It can also be located under the total annual miles earned heading.
* Earn 20,000 bonus miles when you spend $2,000 in the first 90 days (equivalent of $200). Calculations are for estimation purposes only and actual results may vary; see disclosures for more details.
Not convinced yet?
The BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards credit card allows you to set your own card controls and enjoy added security.
Set your own card controls
Get customizable card control features in U by BB&T® that let you choose when, where and how your card is used:
- Turn your card off instantly if you temporarily misplace it
- Set geographic limits for fraud protection
Enjoy added security
- Add an extra layer of security with fraud alerts—we'll text, email or call you if we suspect suspicious activity
- Guard against unauthorized credit card use with Visa's Zero Liability Policy(opens in a new tab)(opens in a new tab)
- Monitor your credit with VantageScore®, provided by Equifax®—your free score and detailed review are updated regularly so you can be confident in your credit decisions
Ready to take the next step?
Open an account online.
Speak with an advisor.
You may earn rewards on eligible purchases made with your credit card. Eligible purchases include any signature-based purchase, Internet purchase, phone or mail-order purchase or automatic bill payment, excluding cash advances, traveler’s checks, access checks, balance transfers, money orders, cash equivalents, fees, interest charges, credit insurance, fraudulent transactions, credits and returns (each a qualifying purchase).
Member is eligible for a statement credit of up to $50 each calendar year on qualifying airline incidental transactions. To qualify, a member must use the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards credit card to pay for the airline incidental transactions. A member is entitled to one $85 statement credit per account every four years, in connection with either the TSA Pre✓® ($85) or Global Entry ($100) program. To qualify, a member must use the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards credit card to pay the application fee. For complete details on the TSA Pre✓ program, go to tsa.gov(opens in a new tab). For complete details on the Global Entry program, go to globalentry.gov(opens in a new tab). The TSA Pre✓ trademark is used with the permission of the US Department of Homeland Security.
BB&T Bright 13.24% to 22.24% APR (annual percentage rate), BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards 15.24% to 24.24% APR, and BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards 15.24% to 24.24% APR are variable rates tied to The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Prime + 7.99% to 16.99% (BB&T Bright), and the WSJ Prime + 9.99% to 18.99% (BB&T Spectrum) based on credit history. The Prime Rate used to determine your APR is a variable rate and is the highest prime rate published in WSJ as of the first day of the month. WSJ Prime rate is currently 5.25% as of August 1, 2019.
Other fees may apply. Call 800-476-4228 for fees that may apply. See our BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Credit Card Disclosure (PDF)(opens in a new tab).
A Spectrum Travel Rewards Visa credit card is issued for accounts with credit limits under $5,000. Visa Signature specific benefits such as Visa Concierge Services are not included with the Spectrum Travel Rewards Visa credit card.
Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. In order for coverage to apply you must use your covered Visa card to secure transactions. Please refer to Visa's Guide to Benefits(opens in a new tab) for further details.
See the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Credit Card Terms & Conditions (PDF)(opens in a new tab) for more information.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
The information provided is not intended to be legal, tax, or financial advice. BB&T hopes you find this information useful but we cannot guarantee that it is accurate, up to date, or appropriate for your situation. You should consult with a qualified attorney or financial advisor to understand how the law applies to your particular circumstances or for financial information specific to your personal or business situation.
The VantageScore® by Equifax® credit score provided in U by BB&T is for educational purposes only. To obtain a free, full copy of your credit report, visit AnnualCreditReport.com(opens in a new tab).
Loans, lines of credit and credit cards are subject to credit approval.
FCRA Risk-Based Pricing Notice: The terms offered are set based on whole or in part on information obtained in a report from the consumer reporting agency listed below. You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to obtain a free copy of the report from the consumer reporting agency: Equifax Information Services, LLC, Mail drop H-13, 1550 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309, 800-685-1111.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.