Establishing a plan to maximize your impact
There are many ways you can spend your money, and charitable giving can be one of the most rewarding. Your BB&T Wealth team will work on your behalf to ensure your charitable gifts make a meaningful impact, while providing benefits that will help you meet your financial goals.
Create a budget
Take inventory of your assets with charitable giving in mind
First, it's important to:
- Decide what your personal giving standard should be
- Determine which causes align with your priorities and budget
- Understand and leverage the advantages of planned giving
Use tools that maximize the value of your gifts
Then, BB&T Wealth helps you choose methods of giving that:
- Are cost effective to implement and operate
- Structure your contributions to have the most impact
- Maximize the tax benefits of making charitable donations
- Allow you to give to the causes that matter most to you
Implement a strategy
Incorporate giving into your overall financial plan
Finally, we work with you to:
- Align your budget and goals into a plan that reflects your charitable priorities
- Use immediate giving and planned giving strategically
- Make the most of your assets, allowing flexibility to adjust your giving over time
Ready to take the next step?
Choose a time for an advisor to call you.
Speak with an advisor.
BB&T Perspectives (Article)
BB&T Perspectives shares financial, leadership and lifestyle perspectives with the hopes of enhancing our clients' lives. Learn more about the financial planning topics our Wealth experts are discussing.
How Should I Structure and Execute My Will? (Article)
A last will and testament may be your most important financial document, and you'll want to consider the optimal ways to structure and execute it.
Traditional banking services are provided by Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments, a division of BB&T Securities, LLC (opens in a new tab) member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.