Make estate planning part of your total financial strategy
Effective planning protects your family and your assets, and helps your estate move smoothly through the settlement process. Your BB&T Wealth team provides the tools you need to create a solid estate plan to carry out your wishes.
Enhance and preserve assets
Planning that helps maintain financial security during your lifetime and after
Estate planning instruments—like a Healthcare Power of Attorney, Financial Power of Attorney, Living Will, Last Will and Testament and a Revocable Trust—can provide:
- Tax-advantaged transfer of assets, reduced fees and increased privacy
- Continuity of asset management for your spouse or other beneficiaries
- Financial solutions for your heirs across multiple generations
- Support for your philanthropic goals
- Financial protection if you become disabled
- Generational financial protection for your children and grandchildren
Achieve goals through trusts
Trust creation that's structured around your financial goals
BB&T Wealth helps you:
- Optimize assets
- Minimize probate administration
- Ensure ultimate distribution of your estate in the exact way you want
- Secure favorable tax treatment for assets
- Create a mechanism for charitable gifts
Settle your estate
Professional estate and trust management that protects your beneficiaries' financial welfare
As an executor and trustee, we:
- Complete personal, estate and fiduciary tax returns with the IRS
- Complete probate court filings
- Invest and safeguard personal, financial and unique assets
- Maintain complete financial records and provide reporting to the beneficiaries
- Distribute income and principal according to the directions of your will or trust agreement
Ready to take the next step?
Choose a time for an advisor to call you.
Speak with an advisor.
BB&T Perspectives shares financial, leadership and lifestyle perspectives with the hopes of enhancing our clients' lives. Learn more about the financial planning topics our Wealth experts are discussing.
How Should I Structure and Execute My Will?
A last will and testament may be your most important financial document, and you'll want to consider the optimal ways to structure and execute it.
Traditional banking services are provided by Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments, a division of BB&T Securities, LLC (opens in a new tab) member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.