Optimizing Business Wealth
You've invested the time and energy into making your business a success. Now it's time to extend your strategy for the future.
Whether you're still building your business—or ready to address your exit strategy—BB&T Wealth helps you formulate and execute a plan that integrates the goals you have for your business, yourself and your family.
Where are you on your journey?
Whether you own a multigenerational family business, a company destined to be sold for an optimal price or a business entity that serves as an investment vehicle, it’s never too early to have a plan for the future of your business.
- Evaluate available options for disposition and timeframe through business transition planning to maximize value and minimize taxes
- Ascertain the value of the business using sound methodologies, key metrics and industry benchmarks
- Determine what drivers could increase business value and ensure processes are in place to enable the desired results
No matter what the future may hold for you or your business, ensure that everything you've worked to build is covered.
- Carry the appropriate type and amount of insurance to hedge against the risk of a contingent, uncertain loss
- Safeguard your business and personal property from future creditors or claims by having the right documents and business structure in place
- Plan for contingencies by preparing a "Plan B" with appropriate legal documents and risk management programs in the event of unforeseen circumstances
Life can get complex when personal wealth and managing your business are closely intertwined, so it's important to consider and prepare for the next phase of your life after the business as well.
- Develop strategies aligned with your goals through personal financial planning to effectively manage both your business and personal interests
- Secure wealth for future generations with a well-developed estate plan—which is a critical tool for outlining and fulfilling your wishes during the remainder of your life and as part of your legacy
- Find out the effect of business transition options and timing on your financial and legacy goals
Designing a plan for your company's future requires specialized expertise, and the best solution balances both sides of the picture—your family and your business.
- Identify the skills and competencies needed for the business successors and management
- Determine your timeline to phase-out of an active management role in favor of others
- Detail how to communicate changes to employees, customers and others
- Prepare family members by developing a framework of expectations and responsibilities for those reliant on the business
Ready to take the next step?
Choose a time for an advisor to call you.
Speak with an advisor.
Comprehensive financial planning
A strategy designed just for you that considers all of your personal needs and business plans.
With the Vantage Suite of Services, your accounts are integrated to make your financial life as convenient and rewarding as possible.
Mortgages, lines of credit, and customized lending solutions can be powerful monetary levers to support your overall financial strategy.
The appropriate insurance coverage can safeguard your assets from unexpected disasters and preserve your wealth for future generations.
Retirement and investing
A detailed plan and customized investing strategy will position you to meet your short- and long-term goals.
Trust and estate planning
You can leave an enduring legacy that protects your estate while supporting your philanthropic interests.
Managing personal wealth
Handle everyday finances, prepare for life events, and protect your wealth to achieve your financial goals.
Planning for retirement
Develop your strategy with a holistic vision that addresses every stage of your retirement journey.
Shape a legacy by protecting your assets while giving back.